When a child turns 2 or 3, parents start thinking about sending him to a preschool so that he can learn to adjust to a new environment. They want him to learn all the basic skills that must be needed in a primary school. But it is not easy to convince a kid to go to school as they think that it is a bad place and they will not enjoy it.
There are children who can be easily convinced but there are others who are stubborn and are reluctant to go to school. So, what can parents do to convince such children to the preschools? Here are a few tips that can help you prepare your child to go to a preschool or kindergarten.
- The first thing you can do is to have a conversation with your child. Ask him what does he expects at a school, what are the things that scare him, why he is not willing to go to school? When you will ask him these questions he will be able to answer you honestly and this way you will be able to find the ways that can help you to convince him to attend a school.
- Take him to the school and introduce him to the teachers or caretakers who are going to attend him. Show him the playground, buses, toys and all the positive things of the school that can allure him to go to school. Tell him about the advantages of attending a school.
- Prepare your children to stay away from you for some time. You can ask other members of the family to take him out for a while. Enroll your child in other activities such as swimming lessons or story time at your local library. It will help them to listen to and follow the instructions of others. This way he will be able to feel comfortable without you and will make it easy for him to spend most of his hours in the school.
- Read him good books about school and tell him stories revolving around the kids going to school. You can tell him how brilliant, brave and good citizen a child becomes after attending a school. You can tell him that by attending school he would be able to make new friends who will play with him.
- Go for school shopping, buy him a bag, geometry box, uniform, and toys of his choice. Apart from that prepare him to follow a regular routine. Ask him to wake up early and teach him the steps of getting up, dressed, fed, and out the door. Teach your children to follow the instructions of the teachers.
- Explain the time table to your child and tell him that he won’t be far away from you for a long time and he will be back home in only few hours. Give him his favorite snacks and chocolates for a few days until he adjusts to the new environment.
There are numerous preschools or kindergarten schools and Montessori academy in California that help your children learn and grow in a healthy environment. Folsom Lake Montessori Academy in California is one such place that offers Infant, Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Summer school programs. It is committed to providing quality education and childcare that help in the overall development of a child. To learn more about Folsom Lake Montessori Academy in California visit their website today.